AWARD WINNING AGENTS
The City of Altadena is in Los Angeles County, California. As an unincorporated and census-designated place, the city is approximately 14 miles from Downtown Los Angeles. Altadena is also north of the City of Pasadena.
Derived from Spanish, the name, Altadena with alta meaning upper and dena from Pasadena. The latter, of course, is the city that Altadena is immediately north of Pasadena. Early settlers date back to the mid-1860s when Benjamin Eaton developed water sources from Eaton Canyon and Arroyo Seco. These sources helped irrigate his vineyards, and would later play a pivotal role in developing Altadena, Pasadena, and South Pasadena.
Altadena is a growing community with plenty of commerce and business. From restaurants and franchises to hotels and entertainment venues.
Pasadena - Home of the Rose Parade
Pasadena is a major economic, cultural, residential and recreational center with a thriving business district.
Pasadena’s appeal lies in its rich and historical past as well as its central location to major business centers.The city is home to the world famous Rose Parade and Rose Bowl, California Institute of Technology, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, The Pasadena Playhouse, Pasadena City College and Brookside Park.
In addition, the Fuller Theological Seminary, Art Center College of Design, Norton Simon Museum of Art and the Pacific Asia Museum Pasadena are housed here. Pasadena has an abundance of retail shopping: the South Lake Avenue shopping district, home to a wide variety of restaurants, outdoor cafés, and pubs, and Old Town Pasadena, which spans 21 blocks downtown. Pasadena is home to several historical estates.
William Wrigley Jr.’s, substantial home was offered to the city of Pasadena in 1958, under the condition that the home would be the Rose Parade’s permanent headquarters. The stately Tournament House stands today, and serves as the headquarters for the Tournament of Roses Parade. In addition, the Gamble House is a California Historical Landmark and a National Historic Landmark on the National Register of Historic Places.